Monday, January 06, 2014

Christmas Day Decoys at TCC

Walking was a big theme for me this Christmas. It was so cold and gray for most of my visit back east (which was such a major contrast to L.A. weather) so I forced myself to walk off the urge to hibernate. I will also make any excuse to wander and explore with my camera. On Christmas day, the sun came out and although this image may appear "warmer" than some of my icier looking posts of Boston, the temperature on this walk was a mere 15 degrees fahrenheit. I was compelled by the broken orange decoys on The Country Club golf course, muddying this organization's pride and joy. I'm also a sucker for bold, contrasting colors, like the orange clay that invades the vast green grass comprising the rough. My parent's dog, Penny, dawned her red winter coat, adding an extra punch to the colors driving this image. It was a bright day indeed.


No comments: