Monday, February 24, 2014

Odd Facades


My newest photo project involves photographing facades that provide insight into lifestyles around Los Angeles. I am interested in two distinct presentations of the home - the first as a shelter from the public and the second as an open exchange between public and private life.
I initially reacted to the towel in this particular scene as it offers an intimate view of this condo's inhabitants. Upon closer examination of this image, I noticed the towel adds weight to the image and it appears as if the balcony is crushing the bush underneath, or, the bush is supporting the balcony above - I'm not sure which is more true. I am fascinated by this battle between man-made and natural structures and enjoy examining the struggle for balance between the two elements.

No comments: